Happy 2014! I’ve been reflecting on 2013 and thinking of my goals and intentions for this new year. I’ve been using Jessica Swift’s Goal + Intention kit, and I am also thinking of getting Leonie Dawson’s workbook too. I need all the help I can get. 😉
This year for my word of the year, I picked FOCUS. I have a tendency to be all over the place, start things but never finish them, and try and do too many things at once. This year I want to focus on what’s important, and finish what I start.
1. Read at least 1 book a month. I will be posting what book I intend to read on here, and you can read along if you like, like a mini book club.
2. Take more ME time, which includes exercising, eating better, and pampering myself more. I bought 2 vegan cookbooks, Bake & Destroy and The Happy Herbivore: Light & Lean, to help me make healthy yummy meals for me and my family. I’m working on my fitness calendar this weekend, and plan to start Monday.
3. Print more pictures. I had a dream my laptop got stolen and I was super sad about the loss of all my pictures of Amelia. That is probably a sign I need to back my pictures up somewhere else, but I would like to print and display more in our home. I would also like to scrapbook more. I have tons of supplies, I just need to print some pictures and take the time. I actually have a fun tutorial coming up on the blog, so stay tuned for that.
4. Decorate our home. We’ve lived her for at least 5 years and I’ve hardly decorated. My main issue is indecision. With the help of Pinterest I’ve narrowed down some colors and other fun things I would like to try this year. I’ll try and remember to take pictures to post my progress on here.
5. Build my brand. This past year my blog, art, and biz has come so far and so has the evolution of my Scrawny Girl brand. I can’t wait to see where it will lead this year.
Do you make resolutions or goals? What is your big one for the year?