I am currently 8 and half months pregnant with my first, and it’s been a long and bumpy road. I’ve come to realize I am not one of those women who enjoy being pregnant, but I can’t wait to meet my little girl. Now that I am in the home stretch, I thought I would share a few things that have helped me survive, and ease some of the discomforts of pregnancy.
1. Burt’s Bees Face Wipes: After a long day of work, all I want to do is sleep. These are the best for cleaning off make-up or just for refreshing your face in the morning. I couldn’t live without them.
2. Rockaholic Dry Shampoo (I recently tried the Dove version and I recommend both. Dove is $10 cheaper): Washing my hair has become a chore, along with fixing it. I would rather get extra sleep than bother with my hair. I would recommend looking up some easy up dos on Pinterest and investing in some dry shampoo. It’s a life saver!
3. Yoga Pants are a pregnant girls best friend (along with the Belly Band to let you wear your regular pants longer). Once you get as big as I am, you no longer care that you are ‘that girl’ wearing her yoga pants to Target. You just want to be comfortable at this point. ( I did buy 2 pairs of maternity jeans, which I also recommend.)
4. Red Lipstick/Lip Stain: Putting on red lipstick makes me feel more put together and ready to take on the day. It’s a cheap pick me up. My mom gave me a Covergirl lip stain that I love. So if you’re having a bad day, put on some red lipstick and take over the world!
5. Tom’s: Some people’s feet swell and grow, but no matter what your feet are going to be killing you. I live in my Tom’s (and now my ugly boots since its getting colder). They are wide and stretch a bit if your feet are swelling, and they are cushion-y enough to get you through the day.
6. Earth Mama Angel Baby Organics Tea: I have tried the Morning Sickness, Heartburn, and 3rd Trimester tea. They all have helped me and I would recommend them all (especially the heartburn tea).
7. Nature Valley Protein Bars: I learned the hard way that you need to have a protein every 2 hours when pregnant (this helps maintain your blood sugar levels). So I keep one or two of these handy in my purse to snack on (especially when at work or running errands).
8. Noodle and Boo Elasticity Oil: My sensitive skin freaked out even more when pregnant, and all the lotions I tried made me break out in a rash. I finally found this oil and I am loving it. It smells yummy and (hopefully) is helping to prevent stretch marks.
9. Tums: You need the big bottle. Sometimes I feel like looking at or smelling food is giving me heartburn. I also keep some in my purse. Use in combination with the tea after dinner and you’ll definitely sleep better!
10. Body Pillow: I just got a $10 body pillow at Target instead of one of the crazy expensive pillows made for pregnant ladies. Best investment, ever!
I hope this helps anyone who is pregnant and just as lost as I was. Please leave a comment if you have any questions or would like to know where I bought things. 🙂