I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
I don’t know about you, but cute and fluffy things (like puppies) make me happy. My two little pals always make my day better with their cute faces, wagging tails, snuggles and kisses. They have the funniest personalities, and I’m pretty sure they can understand me when I talk to them. My puppies like to sing and dance, so put on some tunes and enjoy this puppy montage.
I am currently 8 and half months pregnant with my first, and it’s been a long and bumpy road. I’ve come to realize I am not one of those women who enjoy being pregnant, but I can’t wait to meet my little girl. Now that I am in the home stretch, I thought I would share a few things that have helped me survive, and ease some of the discomforts of pregnancy.
1. Burt’s Bees Face Wipes: After a long day of work, all I want to do is sleep. These are the best for cleaning off make-up or just for refreshing your face in the morning. I couldn’t live without them.
2. Rockaholic Dry Shampoo (I recently tried the Dove version and I recommend both. Dove is $10 cheaper): Washing my hair has become a chore, along with fixing it. I would rather get extra sleep than bother with my hair. I would recommend looking up some easy up dos on Pinterest and investing in some dry shampoo. It’s a life saver!
3. Yoga Pants are a pregnant girls best friend (along with the Belly Band to let you wear your regular pants longer). Once you get as big as I am, you no longer care that you are ‘that girl’ wearing her yoga pants to Target. You just want to be comfortable at this point. ( I did buy 2 pairs of maternity jeans, which I also recommend.)
4. Red Lipstick/Lip Stain: Putting on red lipstick makes me feel more put together and ready to take on the day. It’s a cheap pick me up. My mom gave me a Covergirl lip stain that I love. So if you’re having a bad day, put on some red lipstick and take over the world!
5. Tom’s: Some people’s feet swell and grow, but no matter what your feet are going to be killing you. I live in my Tom’s (and now my ugly boots since its getting colder). They are wide and stretch a bit if your feet are swelling, and they are cushion-y enough to get you through the day.
6. Earth Mama Angel Baby Organics Tea: I have tried the Morning Sickness, Heartburn, and 3rd Trimester tea. They all have helped me and I would recommend them all (especially the heartburn tea).
7. Nature Valley Protein Bars: I learned the hard way that you need to have a protein every 2 hours when pregnant (this helps maintain your blood sugar levels). So I keep one or two of these handy in my purse to snack on (especially when at work or running errands).
8. Noodle and Boo Elasticity Oil: My sensitive skin freaked out even more when pregnant, and all the lotions I tried made me break out in a rash. I finally found this oil and I am loving it. It smells yummy and (hopefully) is helping to prevent stretch marks.
9. Tums: You need the big bottle. Sometimes I feel like looking at or smelling food is giving me heartburn. I also keep some in my purse. Use in combination with the tea after dinner and you’ll definitely sleep better!
10. Body Pillow: I just got a $10 body pillow at Target instead of one of the crazy expensive pillows made for pregnant ladies. Best investment, ever!
I hope this helps anyone who is pregnant and just as lost as I was. Please leave a comment if you have any questions or would like to know where I bought things. 🙂
Today I woke up to my mini dachshunds missing! Still in my pj’s, I called my friend to come help me find them, and then went on the hunt. I didn’t have to go far, my nice neighbors had caught the stinkers in their yard. It was a lively morning around here.
The rest of the Sunday is for crafting Christmas gifts and hopefully squeezing in some maternity photos.
Happy Sunday! May your puppies stay in your yard. 🙂
This morning I am drinking tea and going through my Reader, catching up on the blog-o-sphere, when I come across this post from Haute Whimsy about Kate Nash’s Halloween Party. Now as a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and particularly the musical episode, Once More With Feeling (my old blog was named after it), I am floored by the awesome theme of her party!
(My friend T took this picture of me handing out candy. She also gifted me the Hello Kitty shirt last year, and even though its from the Target little girls section I managed to make it work.)
I would jump on stage like the guy in this video:
Make sure to check out the rest of the videos on Haute Whimsy’s blog. If you’ve never seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I recommend a nice marathon (last I checked it was on Netflix instant).
Happy belated Halloween!